Experience & Qualifications:
Ken’s career has included work with Foster & Miller, Engineers & Surveyors, C&O RR, Howard-Lanier Construction, VDOT, Timmons and for the last 48 years as CEO of Anderson & Associates-Engineers & Surveyors.
He has served on the Construction Panel of the American Arbitration Association and has participated in arbitrations and mediations. He served as the sole arbitrator on a dispute between the Town of Smithfield and the Hampton Roads Sanitation Authoirty.
As a member of the Virginia Sewage Handling and Disposal Appeals Board he received training as an Administrative Law Judge at the National Judicial Center.
He has served as an Expert Witness on several different kinds of cases involving planning, surveying, design and construction.
As the CEO of Anderson & Associates, Engineers & Surveyors, a mid-sized firm, he has seen design and construction from many viewpoints. He is able to provide either expert advice to a firm involved in a dispute or non-biased service as a mediator between firms.
- Anderson & Associates – Engineers & Surveyors – Founder
- Timmons Group
- US Army Corps of Engineers –Commissioned Officer
- Virginia Department of Highways
- Howard-Lanier Construction
- Chesapeake & Ohio Railway
- Foster & Miller, Engineers & Surveyors
- Extensive understanding of professional liability insurance practices
- Broad but in-depth experience in civil engineering and surveying
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction processes and procedures including safety
- Experience with regulatory agencies and environmental requirements
- CSX & NS Railway Worker Certified
- BS/1962/Virginia Tech/Civil Engineering
- MS/1970/Virginia Tech/Sanitary Engineering
- American Arbitration Association – Construction Panel (formerly)
- Arbitrator Town of Smithfield vs. Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Member of Virginia Sewage Handling and Disposal Appeals Review Board
- Trained as an Administrative Law Judge at National Judicial Center
- Expert Witness in Town of Appomattox vs. Hurt & Proffitt
- Expert Witness in Radford and Hillsville annexations
- Expert Witness before West Virginia Public Service Commission on Wind Turbines
- Expert Witness on slip & fall on Norfolk Southern RR.
- Expert Witness in Wal-Mart vs. Mattern & Craig
- Represented the company in several mediations in Virginia and North Carolina